I was in the car this morning. While waiting for my dad pergi bank.. sambil tgk kat luar tingkap..menikmati pemandangan yg indah..suddenly one lady yg baru nak masuk kereta threw rubbish from her car onto the road! I was like..are u for real makcik?? You don’t want your car to be filled with rubbish so you dumped it elsewhere?? The best part was her children (I’m not sure how many) were in the car! Even though anak mungkin x perasan..still..she threw the rubbish ikut suka hati je. Ok..sorry if I got carried away..I am not mad at this makcik actually..It’s just unbelievable..and kinda hilarious too. I mean as a parent, I am sure she must have preached to her children to keep the house clean or to not litter at public places..but her actions are contrary to what she might have taught her children. Ok..let say her own children tak Nampak..but there is a possibility that other children in other cars might have seen it..right? So what does this imply? It is a common fact that children learn through looking at models..especially adult models. Thus, parents, who are the closest to them will be their main role model – children tend to follow what parents do. So just imagine the kind of conflict nilai that children will go through when they saw their parents do something that is a total contradiction to what they have been taught about.. Eventually, through constant observation, the children might say: ‘Hey! My parents did that..so i guess it’s the right thing to do!’ and we don’t want this to happen. I am not trying to find fault or burukkan others..I apologize if I sounded like I am intending to..trust me..that’s not my intention. It’s just that it’s sad that we keep on saying that we need to have a first class attitude and mentality..but what we practice regurgitate the cycle of third class attitude..without realizing that we are in a way shaping the mentality of the younger generation to be the same like ours. This is our problem..we preach..but we don’t act upon it..we say..but we don’t really mean what we say. Realistically, looking at what’s happening around us..will we be able to achieve the goal that we have set? This is not just a point to ponder..but a notion to be seriously considered..
5 comments:
can we say that that makcik perhaps doesn't walk the talk?
I remember Iqbal once said.. Don't be afraid to be the change. When I read your post, it makes me think of other stuffs as well such as drivers not giving way to pedestrians and road bullying.. Let's be the change, to bring good to the world. since the older generation (referring to the makcik specifically) failed to be a good model, here lies our responsibility i guess..
first-class infrastructure, third-class mentality ?
maybe dia mmg tapenah soh ank dia jgn buang sampah kot?
You'll make a good father. :)
P.S. Header blog tak tahan ok. :p
Post a Comment