Earlier today, I heard about the earthquake in Japan. I was like ‘owh okay’..I mean it did not surprise me much because there have been so many earthquakes lately. So I was somewhat ‘malas nak layan’ so I just went on doing my stuffs. Then when I was in the car, I heard the news about the earthquake and then I realized how severe it was. I was so shocked. At the same time I was a bit angry with myself for being ignorant and for knowing about it late when many people have died and many international bodies have already started to provide humanitarian aids to Japan. At home, I turned on Al-Jazeera, BBC News, CNN and a few other news channels, and then I finally got to see the whole picture of the situation. It was horrifying! Everything was swept away by the 10-metre wave in just seconds! And the horror did not stop there. It was reported that many more countries such as USA, Peru, the Philippines and even Malaysia (particularly Sabah) have started to give out tsunami warning.
Enough of the facts! I mean, the facts can be retrieved everywhere. My point is, lately, we have seen many natural disasters happening. In fact, it has been going on for years and years. I am sure that the 2006 tsunami is still fresh in our minds. Then we have the hurricane in America and more recently the endless earth quakes in New Zealand and the massive flood in Brisbane, Australia. Now, the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.. which was reported to be the worst in 300 years. Personally, I felt really scared. I mean, it might happen to us..who knows. And I realize that I have been too complacent all these while..enjoying life..often forgetting that one day my life is going to end..and only Allah knows how is it going to be. I believe that we have been forgetting about a lot of things. And now..Allah is sending us another of His signs.
Reflecting on us..as humans..especially me..I feel that we have been too proud with our achievements. We build buildings, we create cars, we build large and beautiful ships, we make islands for the rich to dwell, we develop nuclear power, we trigger war, we shed one another’s blood..we are indeed proud. BUT we forget that there is a bigger power..a more powerful force.. The One who created the universe..The One who created us..Allah. We forget that whatever we do is in fact what Allah permit us to do ie without His permission..we won’t be able to even breathe. We forget that what we have right now are lent by Him and He may take it back at any time He want to. And when He want something to happen, He just say ‘Kun’..and it will happen in less than a mere second. When He take back all His blessings from us..who are we then?
Lets us all think about and reflect on ourselves.. When I look at the tsunami footage..of how the waves easily swept all the cars and destroy all the houses..I realize how small and weak we are. This is actually a reminder to myself.. A reflection of my own weak self who needs to be continuously reminded..because as a normal human being..I am indeed forgetful. My aim of writing this entry is to share what I feel..to reflect with the rest..and to plead to be reminded of the many things that I may forget.. because today, this Tokyo earthquake may remind me of many things but when I wake tomorrow..I may forget all the things that I have realized.
3 comments:
I agree Farouk.The never-ending tragedy like flood and earthquake has made us all aware of how small and insignificant we are in comparison to the power of Allah Almighty.
Ya Allah please forgive us for the damage we have caused to the Earth.
thanks...i am touched
:~/
and people joked bout this.
http://plixi.com/p/83588472
Post a Comment